<$BlogRSDUrl$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

IN THE PIPELINE: Online info valuable, except when it's not there
By Alsion Trinidad

When it comes to writing about projects in the pipeline, one of the most important resources I have is the property appraiser's Web site.

Duval, Clay, Nassau and St. Johns counties' property appraisers all have searchable databases on the Internet that I can browse through right from my desktop. From the property owner's name to the price for which that parcel last sold - it is all at my fingertips, and yours. Even more impressive (I am easily impressed), is the online ability to map specific pieces of property and see the current zoning, surrounding sale transactions and aerial photos of the area - a feature, again, that all four counties make available to the public.

The Florida Times-Union

Copyright The Florida Times-Union