Wednesday, September 05, 2007
The GIS for Transportation (GIS-T) Symposium has recently published their Transportation "Roll Call of the States". The report includes a brief update of what each state's transportation representative had to say about their state's GIS priorities.
Jared Causseaux, the Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) GIS coordinator, listed the following details:
1. Unified Transportation Roadway Map that includes all roads for all public entities
2. New application for FHWA: ‘Bridge Management Clearance Issues’
3. CADD\GIS Inoperability Subcommittee
4. Continued Enterprise GIS Coordination through the Department
Interested in the following issue(s):
1. Unified Basemaps
2. CADD\GIS Inoperability solutions
3. Enterprise Solutions
Readers can view the complete "Roll Call of the States" here.