Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Tele Atlas, a leading global provider of digital maps and dynamic content for navigation and location-based solutions, today announced the finalists of the Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series event held in conjunction with the VentureWire Mobile Technology Summit, produced by Dow Jones. The finalists span mobile calendaring, shopping/retail, social networking, advertising/promotional and real estate applications.
“As consumer awareness and interest in LBS grows, the possibilities for new services are endless. Through the Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series and our ongoing collaboration with Dow Jones, we are able to independently foster the development of innovative applications that will benefit the wireless industry as a whole,” said Darren Koenig, Tele Atlas’ Wireless, Internet and Telecom Director. “It’s exciting for us to work with these entrepreneurs to create fun and useful mobile applications for consumer experiences based on location.”
Based on the business potential of their LBS applications and attractiveness to venture capitalists, five companies were nominated by Tele Atlas and selected by Dow Jones to present their new location-based solutions to venture capitalists and industry experts at the 2007 conference. This exclusive opportunity is a key component of Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series, an ongoing program held in conjunction with Tele Atlas DeveloperLinkSM to help foster innovation and enable application developers to expand their visibility, credibility and success with key participants in the industry including investors, carriers and technology providers. The featured finalists are:
- Embience, Inc., a mobile technology company that equips brands, advertisers and content providers with a robust platform and authoring tools to build on-device portals, rich mobile applications and promotions;
- GPShopper, the distributor of Slifter, a mobile local product search engine focused on using wireless and location based technologies to connect consumers with products at retail stores;
- RoboCal, a service that allows users to access calendar application information via any phone, as well as turn-by-turn spoken driving directions, based on calendar appointments;
- Smarter Agent, a service that combines mobile location technology, such as GPS, with information about real estate, neighborhoods and interesting places around a given location; and
- Socialight, a location-based social media platform that lets mobile phone users access and share local information, personal experiences and promotions from any source, including the community around them.
To learn more about the Tele Atlas LBS Innovators Series and upcoming events, as well as information on Tele Atlas DeveloperLink and LBS development resources such as sample applications, sample map data and a series of Digital Mapping Webinars, visit http://www.teleatlas.com/LBSseries.
Tele Atlas experts will also be featured this week in several high profile speaking venues. Koenig will address how advanced digital mapping technology and content can further LBS innovation on the LBS panel at the Mobile Technology Summit on Tuesday, December 11 in New York City. On the same day in Hollywood, Florida, Tele Atlas’ Wireless and LBS Director David Nevin will participate in a Roundtable Discussion at the Sprint Open Development Conference focused on significant industry activities and trends.
Press Release - Tele Atlas
© 2007 Tele Atlas NV