Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Software developer Global Maps Inc. from Kibbutz Givat Haim Ihud in Israel, has announced the launching of the new version of OpenLM for ESRI ArcGIS software.
The software is available for download and evaluation at the OpenLM web site.
OpenLM for ESRI ArcGIS is designed to improve the use of the popular ESRI Desktop ArcGIS family of products: ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo.
OpenLM offers a dramatic improvement in the availability of software licenses to end users and has a significant influence on users productivity.
In addition, OpenLM provides a very cost effective replacement of FLEXnet and SAMreport.
The main focus of OpenLM version 1.5.0 is to provide support for organizations who work with multiple servers in various timezones. In addition, the new version provides connectivity to the Active Directory and OpenLM plans to offer important management tools, in the following versions at the near future.
New OpenLM features for ESRI ArcGIS include:
- A new tool is prompting the user to release unused extensions.
- Ability to exclude folders, so documents in excluded folders will not be saved by OpenLM.
- Ability to control IO and CPU usage levels, which are used to determine if software is active or none active.
- Ability to work with unlimited FLEXlm servers - including servers in different timezones.
- Support for FLEXlm redundant server configuration (three or five FLEXlm that work together).
- Significant performance improvements in OpenLM EasyAdmin.
- Ability to connect OpenLM server to Active Directory, in order to display additional user's information.
- Ability to hide the OpemLM Agent from the users by the system administrator.
- Actual product name in the "license usage information" and EasyAdmin, instead of the FLEXlm name (FEATURE) of the software.
- Ability to "Filter" licenses list in the EasyAdmin - very useful for large organizations with considerable amount of licenses.
- Option to avoid license information refresh at each query - important for big organizations with numerous amount of licenses.
- Option to limit user access, and deny the ability to query license status information for specific servers.
- OpenLM Agent displays the software version of the Agent and OpenLM Server.
- OpenLM Server version is displayed in the Configuration Form title bar.
- New "user activity" report allows you to query activity for each user/feature combination.
- If you bill projects for software usage you can now use EasyAdmin to get the billing report.
For more information please contact:
Regev Doron, CMO
Press Release - OpenLM