Wednesday, December 12, 2007
MapEcos has recently launched a Google Mash-Up to "provide information about how economics and ecology interact."
The published maps demonstrate how facilities have dramatically reduced their emissions and reduced the toxicity of the chemicals they emit. The summary report contained within each facility's/company's report includes:
- Facility / Company Name and Address
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) & Corresponding Number
- Corporate Owner
- Number of Years Reporting Toxics Release Inventory (TRI)
- Estimated Facility Position Accuracy
- Quantity of On-site Emissions
- Estimated Hazard Level of On-site Emissions
- Main Chemicals Emitted
Other information is included under the Management, Emissions, and Comparison tabs for each facility / company. The data included on the mash-up is from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).