Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Just a reminder that the Central Florida GIS 2008 Workshop deadline for abstract submission is this Saturday - June 28th, 2008.
The Central Florida GIS 2008 Workshop will be held on September 22nd-23rd, 2008 in Altamonte Springs, FL.
Registration for the event is now open.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the workshop program or to submit an abstract please contact Al Hill at email@example.com
Per the CFGIS website:
"The Central Florida GIS 2008 Workshop provides a great opportunity to share useful information and your valuable experiences and lessons learned with your peers. Presentations should fit in a ½ hour time block including time for questions. Please provide your proposed presentation title, the general topic heading you believe it belongs in, a short (200-300 word) abstract of your presentation, your name, affiliation, phone number, and email address."
Suggested paper topics include:
- Planning and Land Use
- GIS Management
- Public Works
- Environmental Management
- Economic Development
- Land Records / Land Management
- Public Safety / Emergency Management / Homeland Security
- Public Health
- Transportation / Logistics / Routing
- Utilities - Water / Electric
- Water/Wastewater / Stormwater / Floodplain Issues
- GPS Integration
- General Interest GIS (You Use GIS for What?)
- LiDAR Employment
- Data Sharing / Application Integration