Friday, August 15, 2008
The GIS Expo is always a positive community event. At a time when everyone can use an uplifting experience, we are delivering that to you with this year's theme: GIS: Find your Happy Place!
You will be WOWed with the interactive presentation from our keynote speaker, David J. Pollay, and that enthusiastic energy will continue throughout the 2-day event. Here are some updates:
- Expo registration is (really) now open. Please forgive our slight delay and visit this site again to register today: www.sfgisexpo.com
- You will be able to to work on your GISP at this year's conference. Gather your documents and use this time to not only see the latest and greatest in GIS, but to further your career as well.
- The deadline has been extended to August 27th for you to submit your presentation abstract. See details below.
- You can now submit your poster registration online Your poster could win an award. Show us your work! Everyone benefits from seeing the various ways GIS is used in different organizations.
- Once again, Volunteers are needed to help organize this event. Please contact Chris Benkly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name or the names of your employees that could volunteer to help out with moderating sessions, registration, etc.
- As always, the GIS Expo is FREE to attend. Don't miss out - Find your GIS Happy Place!
SF GIS Expo 2008 Call for Abstracts:
It’s not too late to submit an abstract for the SF GIS Expo 2008. Since we have not filled out the schedule for this year, we are extending the deadline for abstracts until Wednesday, August 27, 2008. If you have thought about presenting, either as a repeat presenter from previous years or would like to share your experiences for the first time at the Expo, we invite you to fill out the abstract submittal form and get on the schedule!
· 15th Annual South Florida GIS Expo
· At the Palm Beach County Convention Center
· 45 min presentations for the entire day on Friday, October 3, 2008
· If 45 min is too long, choose to do a 15 min presentation
· Encouraging topics of interest to GIS beginners or upper-level management
· Submit abstract by August 27, 2008
· Complete abstract submittal form
· Submit form to Patrick Lockwitz at email@example.com or through the Expo website at www.sfgisexpo.com
· The submitter will receive the first email confirming the submission was successfully received by Patrick
· A second email will be sent to the submitter confirming the acceptance after the subcommittee has reviewed the content of the abstract submittal form