Monday, September 15, 2008
The Florida Standard Urban Transportation Model Structure (FSUTMS) GISonline application, a component of FSUTMSOnline, has recently been launched and is now available.
Per the FSUTMS website, the GIS application is "designed to serve as a central location for accessing and sharing GIS data for Florida's transportation modeling community. Developed using ESRI's ArcGIS Server, the system provides access to statewide GIS layers in both the Geodatabase and shapefile format."
The system currently provides the following functionalities:
- zoom-in, zoom-out, pan, and full extent
- identify features
- measure distance
- set layer properties
- clear layers
- add labels
- create thematic maps
- create charts
- search features
- select features by query setup
- download geodatabase or shape files with automated coordinate transformation
- view tables
- convert data from one layer to another (e.g., from Census blockgroup to TAZ)
- display Google's satellite images within application
- export KML files for Google Earth display
Please email Yongqiang Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions on how to improve the application.
For technical support, please email Albert Gan at email@example.com or call him at (305) 348-3116.